I'm a big believer that you should spend the most money on the things you wear the most. Following this logic, I think that it's really important to invest in good quality hair and skin products. After all, your hair, skin and face are things you 'wear' every day!
So, I usually buy my hair products from my hair salon and I opt for premium brands such as MAC, Clinique and Estee Lauder for my makeup and skincare. There are a few high street items that I haven't found better alternatives for though and I consider 'must haves' in my beauty regime.
As my time in England is drawing to a close I decided to stock up on them as they can't be bought in Korea. I tell you, the logistics of trying to look good whilst living in a foreign country can be challenging! Just understanding what the product is can be tough let alone finding what you actually want! Fake tan in Korea....errrm...no chance!
I picked up a Barry M nail polish as I haven't tried any of them before. I'll post some pics of it on my nails when I've tried it. I also got two kohl eye pencils to try out, didn't need them, I was just curious as to how good they were. The rest of the things are my high-street must buys! None of them are groundbreaking but I've spent more money and had poorer results with similar products from the high-end brands.
- L'oreal Elnett Satin Hairspray 'Very Volume Supreme Hold' - It just lasts and lasts. Seriously! It gives strong hold with a bit of oomph. I like it, I like big hair! Unlike some other hairsprays this doesn't make your hair feel sticky, hard or too crispy. Plus it easily brushes out!
- Eyelure Naturalite False Eyelashes 'Natural Volume 020' & 'Evening Wear 101' - These are light weight eyelashes that give you a more glamorous finish to your eye makeup without looking too over the top or 'fake'. There's lot of different styles but these two are my fave, they blend well with your own eyelashes and are a perfect balance between natural and glamorous. Not too much, not too little.
- Rimmel Sun Shimmer Instant Tan 'Light Shimmer' - So you've got last minute plans for a night out but then you realise you've not fake tanned. Arrrgghhh! How can you go out looking pasty white like this?? This stuff is how!! There is a choice of light to dark colour but believe me, the dark is reeeaaaally dark and a pain to wash off your hands! The light shimmer however, is a breeze to apply, blends in easily and you can actually get your palms back to a normal colour with just soap and water. The shimmer finish isn't too intense it just gives you a nice 'glowing skin' look.
- Garnier Ambre Solaire 'No Streaks Bronzer Mist' - I usually use St.Tropez Gradual Tan mousse but this mist is a great option when you want a full tan, quickly. It only takes three hours to develop and the spray works upside-down for easy application. It gives me a very uniform looking tan even if I don't spray it perfectly evenly. The colour doesn't come out too dark or orange, which is always a relief! Nobody wants to look like a Wotsit or Cheeto!
- John Frieda Frizz Ease 'Secret Agent Perfecting Creme' - This stuff works miracles on dry, damaged hair. Okay...maybe not miracles but it's close! You can smooth down your fly away hairs and work it through the ends of hair to conceal split ends for a sleeker look. It manages to replace natural oils and give hair back a bit of shine without looking greasy as so many other products of this type do. I'd definitely recommend it if you have damaged or over-processed hair!
Do you buy a lot of products from shops like Boots and Superdrug (drugstores)? What items do you find can't be beaten even by the more expensive brands?
Apart from that little adventure to Superdrug I haven't done much else in the last few days. I feel like I've been away from my blog for ages though, isn't it funny how it seems so long in the blog world! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. It snowed here, which of course made my weekend! :)
Click HERE if you'd like to follow Ugly Duckling whilst the GFC box is still :( not working!