Yesterday evening was so nice here that my fiancé and I decided to head out for a coffee and yummy gelato followed by a lovely walk in the park again. So, since I'd not been able to blog yesterday, I came home today with the strict intention to write a great blog post. Now, sitting here at 11.30pm I'm wondering what happened? Where did my time go and why is it that I get so dang distracted sometimes?!
I often imagine how much more could I accomplish in life if I didn't allow myself to become distracted but rather focused on the task in hand.
Continuing the procrastination (because it's what I do), I've come up with a list of common hinderances to my productivity levels:
- Facebook - The arch nemesis whilst at uni, this evil force still has a strong grip on me.
- Painting my nails - A necessary but time consuming task. Time is doubled on this one because once painted menial tasks become mammoth due to fear of smudging and I spend my time moving around my apartment and grasping at things like I no longer have opposable thumbs.
- Online Shopping (Any kind, any store) - Sofa, glass of wine in hand, shopping. As if I need to say anymore!
- Working - Such a drag, imagine how much I'd get done if I didn't have to do that one?!!
- Eating - Yep, I probably spend a tad too much time doing this but I love it. Sad, but true.
So, now you know where I am when I'm not here! Of course, I have done a couple of productive things;
This evening we booked our hotel for Hong Kong, I'm getting majorly excited about this now since the trip is only a week and a bit away now! Recommendations?
Also, I've decided to try and enter the Cosmopolitan UK Blog Awards after a few lovely people suggested I should. I hadn't even considered it myself but I figured it's worth a shot and it would be amazing if I could simply get shortlisted for the 'Best Newcomer' award. Obviously, the more nominations I get the more chance I have of that happening. It honestly takes about one minute to nominate someone, so...
...if you're feeling kind and would like to nominate me then you can do so HERE!
What about you lovelies, have you achieved much this week or do you get distracted like me?!