Coffee Table Collection // New York Times - 36 Hours, 150 Weekends In The USA & Canada

27 August 2013

USA Coffee Table travel guide book

Slowly but surely I'm growing my coffee table book collection. Living in Korea makes it a bit tricky though since I have to acquire most of them through the internet. Well, if I want to be able to do more than look at the pretty pictures that is. It's always a little gamble ordering a new one, for the most part I quite literally have to judge a book by it's cover. Anyway, that's why I like to share the good ones I get, so that you guys can have a chance to look before you buy.

This last one The New York Times', 36 Hours, 150 Weekends In The USA & Canada, is a great buy. I'm so glad I got it and I highly recommend it. Of course, with my fiance and I having a little dream to road trip America one day, it's got a certain 'usefulness' to it. But, even if you're not planning a mega adventure, it's full of tidbits of information, maps and some interesting pictures. And at the very least it looks quite cool on the coffee table and gives a bit more credibility to your story that you're really not just obsessed with superficial things! Even if the sky high stack of Chanel, Domino, Kate Spade, YSL, 'style-this fashion that type' coffee table books might be saying otherwise. Yes, you like to travel too. You're cultured. You're worldly. You totally do not spend all your money frivolously on that latest must-have handbag.




Travel Guide Book Coffee Table








 

If you'd like to get hold of one it's available from the usual sites like Amazon, or you can buy it from Anthropologie - which is where I got mine :) 

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and those of you in the UK enjoyed the extra day off! I've been so busy with a tonne of things. I have some fun news which I'll tell you about in my next post!

x x x


Follow on Bloglovin

  Find Me On  //  YouTube  //  Twitter  //  Facebook  //  Bloglovin  //  Instagram  //  Pinterest

22 comments:

  1. The book looks so interesting and pretty! I want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get it, it's great if you have an interest in travelling America :) x

      Delete
  2. This book has always intrigued me! Looks gorgeous inside - might have to put it in my cart next time I see it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I particularly like the little illustrated maps, they're really cute. :)

      Delete
  3. This looks right up my street, you know I love anything travel related! I love Taschen coffee table books too.

    Hope you're having a great week and can't wait to hear your news! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they seem to publish some of the best ones don't they!

      Hope you're having a good week too :) x

      Delete
  4. The illustrations in this are amazing!

    One of those you can pick up and just look at pictures, or get down and dirty into the text, I think I'll definitely have to look this up!

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the illustrations are one of the things that made me get it. It is definitely one of those books thats good for a quick glance or a proper read, you're right! x

      Delete
  5. This looks like such a cute book! I must admit, I'm a bit of a hoarder for gorgeous looking books with beautiful pictures. My collection of books has outgrown my coffee table!

    Lucy x The New Northerner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear that mine may do the same in the not too distant future. I just love flipping through the big pictures! x

      Delete
  6. I've seen this book in a few shops and it looks great! I love all of the ribbon bookmarks!

    Ellie | Ellalogy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they look so pretty and theyre useful too! Wish all books would employ ribbon bookmakers! x

      Delete
  7. these books look so interesting! great collection you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you SO much for the parcel lady - I am IN LOVE with that BB cream! Everything looks lovely. I really appreciate it. Quick question about the nail polish - is the sort of milky looking one a base coat? Thanks again
    Emma xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's the peel off base coat, good under glitter! Apply it quite thick and wait until it goes clear (still feels a tad tacky) then paint your polish as usual over the top.

      I love the Mishha BB cream, use it whenever I want something lighter than my usual foundation. Really wasnt sure about which shade for you though. I do find you can adapt them to be a bit darker or lighter with a bit of bronzer or powder, so hopefully I guess right and you can make good use out of it! :)

      x

      Delete
  9. it's sooo good! great post and super cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh lovely book. I adore travel books and I've seen a few of these '36 hours'books around. I've been lusting after them and this did not help! Wanderlust daydreaming is the best
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It so is! I so many places on my travel wishlist though!! x

      Delete
  11. I would love to travel around the US and Canada but I lack a travel buddy :( Maybe I all get this book and day dream!

    xoxo
    Stacey

    Five Minute Style 

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book looks lovely. I would love to travel around the US one day and this looks like great trip inspiration! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment! If you have any questions I will respond here so check back soon!