CAAAAKE! // The Fabulous Baker Boy

19 April 2014


My mamma has come to visit me, so this week we hopped over to Singapore for a few days to do some shopping, sightseeing and of course, eating - Haha! 

I'd heard about the cake at The Fabulous Baker Boy, it was supposed to be delicious, some of the best cake, if not THE best cake, in Singapore apparently. We had a bit of a challenge locating the place, trekking all the way up the hill into Fort Canning park in the 32 degree 90% humidity (the things I'll do for good cake!), and then all the way back down again when we realised it wasn't up there. Finally we found it, a small one-story bright white building nestled at the bottom of the hill directly behind Clarke Quay. I don't think I've ever been so relieved to walk into a thoroughly air-conditioned cafe in my life. It was H.O.T that day, let me tell you! 

Thankfully, the servers greeted us with a cheery welcome and seeing our sweaty state promptly offered us a table situated under the air-con, complete with a large bottle of icy water. After a few minutes of cooling off and glugging down water, we selected our cakes from the wide array. No easy task given how delectable they all looked! They had about 15 in total; some layered up with buttercream, and a fridge-full of cream-cheese frosted options. I went with Caribbean Lemon cake and my mum opted for Red Velvet. Both were delicious; freshly baked and very tasty; the price was fair (not always the case in Singapore); and the service was the genuinely kind and friendly sort that makes you feel right at home.

I spotted that they also offer a brunch and dinner menu, so I think that gives me a good excuse to return again on my next trip. Then again, the cake alone would have been sufficient of an excuse I reckon. Fabulous indeed!

singapore cake review
Singapore cake cafe
Travel Blog Singapore Jakarta
Best Cake Singapore
OOTD  //  Skirt -  Actually a tube top worn as a skirt - F21 // Bag - 3.1 Phillip Lim (here) 
Sunnies - Tom Ford (here)  // Sandals - Topshop (old) // Blouse - (similar)

If you're in Singapore and fancy a good slice, head here. Just make sure you check The Fabulous Baker Boy website for directions and opening times first (unlike me), yeah?!

More pics from Singapore coming up, so check back soon. Have a great weekend everyone!

Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. Yum, those pieces of cake look delicious! :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yum!!! I want some! And your outfit is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a cute place! I'm a sucker for anywhere that does amazing cake!

    Cat at OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty place and all the cakes look good :D

    http://inathaita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cakes look de-lic-ious! I can't get enough of cafes that serve good sized portions of cake haha :)

    http://findmethoseheels.blogspot.co.uk/ - Building up your designer wardrobe without breaking the bank..
    * I follow blogs back on Bloglovin' and Twitter *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE places like this. The cakes look delish! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cakes look delicious but more importantly I love your watch and bracelets haha x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so so much for your feedback! We really appreciate it... Do visit us again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so so much for your feedback, we really appriciate it. It is because of customers like you that motivates us to build a cheerful enviroment in the cafe.. Do visit us again soon! Xoxo...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks amazing! and your outfit fabulous too! Thanks so much for checking out my blog!! I gave you follow on GFC and would love if you could do the same:)

    xoxo
    Tay
    Waverlyandwestbourne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. ♥ Wow lovely blog you have, I was just browsing though & stumbled upon it - It's beyond beautiful with interesting posts. I'm following you via gfc now! Keep in touch x

    http://femministreflections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. delicious! personally, i can NEVER say no to cake. i joked that i have an empty leg for desserts even when im stuffed from dinner.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cakes looks incredible, especially that chocolate one *heart shaped eye emoji*

    Love Beth | BethBlogsBeauty
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment! If you have any questions I will respond here so check back soon!