Dessert at Dolce

3 April 2014


A couple of days ago I met up with my girlfriends for coffee (which inadvertently turned into brunch) at Dolce in Plaza Indonesia

Dolce caught my eye a few months back with it's unique interior. Inviting grey sofas and contemporary rattan arm chairs encircle white marble tables that are dotted about between plants and winding stone pathways. There's floor to ceiling windows looking out onto a small terrace with lots of greenery. Combine the elements and the restaurant creates the feeling you're dining outdoors, but with all the air-conditioned bliss of being indoors. This is something that anyone living in the smog and heat of Jakarta will really appreciate. 

We intended to only have coffee (ok, and maybe desserts, I confess!) but once we saw the menu our tummies had other plans. The food was on the whole pretty good. My bruchetta was delicious and more than ample for a light lunch; and two of the other girls enjoyed their meals, the four cheese pizza and smoked salmon salad. Sadly, my other friend was left feeling a little disappointed by her choice;  a cold cuts and soft-cheese platter. It was served without the accompaniments mentioned on the menu, and she thought the cheese tasted a little stale. They promptly replaced that part, but for the fairly high Indonesian price tag of 185k it should have been much better than it was; if you go dine here you're probably better choosing something else. 

One really great thing about this restaurant, (and many others in jakarta), are the social media promotions they run. We saw a sign saying that we could have complimentary dessert if we posted a selfie taken there and mentioned the restaurant. Was there ever a better excuse to take a selfie than free dessert?! 

dolce plaza indonesia le jardin
restaurant blog jakarta indonesia

That was my second chocolate fondant this week! Naughty, but so nice! 

Although we're actually in a permanent state of summer here I thought I'd try and dress for Spring. Since I haven't been shopping recently (my mum's coming to visit in a few days, so I'm saving up to have fun & shop with her) I dug around in my closet for an outfit. The turquoise blouse is an old favourite; it's really just a standard H&M loose blouse but the colour makes it for me. The white lace skirt is one of my favourite all-time Zara buys. The necklace is a new favourite, the crystal flower design is so pretty and the perfect way for me to add that sparkle I love so much to just about any outfit! 

Has Spring sprung where you are? What kind of outfits are you wearing?  


Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. Love your necklace. That food looks really good, made me hungry now :P xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty outfits! I love the light colors, and your bags are great!

    x. jill
    beck daily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I'm super hungry now! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! You also look really pretty : ) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dolce sounds wonderful! I love it when places have sofas, it makes it so much more relaxed and informal. It's a shame about your friend's choice, but I'm glad everyone else enjoyed their choices! The desserts look absolutely delicious - what a bargain getting them free for posting a selfie! Spring has definitely sprung in the UK, daffodils are everywhere! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so lovely, it's making me very hungry!!!!

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your outfit and heyy i love Moovina @ Plaza Indonesia too :D
    i think i'm going to have dinner there with my boy after i read this post. Thanks to you <3

    go visit my page
    http://inathaita.blogspot.com

    With love,
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wooow everything looks so amazing and delicious.
    I love your blog name by the way :)

    Vivi xx
    http://daintyhummingbird.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The food looks delicious and these are such pretty shots of the atmosphere etc.

    xoxo One Stiletto At a Time fashion and beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the food looks absolutely delightful and you look wonderful!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Food looks divine, I love salmon!! http://finestprocrastination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos hun! The place looks amazing and I'm in love with your necklace!

    Cat at OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos, the desserts there look absolutely delicious.

    Love Beth | BethBlogsBeauty
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment! If you have any questions I will respond here so check back soon!