Powdery Blue & Gold // Essie Find Me An Oasis

26 May 2014

duckling to swan blog

This dreamy pale blue is Essie Find Me An Oasis. It's one of the latest polishes to arrive in my nail mail package from the US. I love the color but it was really difficult to capture in the photos, it's actually a bit paler than it appears, looking almost white at a distance or in certain lights. I included the last Instagram photo since that's probably the best representation of the color. 

Find Me An Oasis is reasonably alright to apply; after a super streaky first coat, the second coat almost evened everything out, but for me, a bit of perfectionist when it comes to my nails, it needed a third coat. You may think it's fine with two. Dry time was no problem but it did need a topcoat for more shine.

Orginally I planned to combine this one with glitter, but then I pulled out an old gem, a gold shimmer polish by Korean brand The Face Shop, and was reminded of this cute mani I'd seen on Instagram. I like the combination, the coolness of the blue and the warmth of the gold really compliment each other, don't you think? 

I'll probably be trying gold tips with other colors from here on out. 

What color do you have on your nails at the moment? Any colors/brands you recommend me to try? 

20 comments:

  1. I love how delicate and pretty this manicure is! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! I really love your bracelet stack too, I have the link one from J.Crew, would love the crystal one! Where's it from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love this mani! So much so that I'm about to try it myself :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a dreamy colour combo. Definitely want to copy this manicure when my nails grow just a teensy bit longer! Gorgeous :-)

    Dayner x // mozzypop.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shade! It looks stunning with the gold.

    Beccy // Bluebell & Bumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a beautiful shade! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This color is gorgeous! Perfect for summer<3 And loving your arm candy, it's soo beautiful! :) xx

    www.thepersiantrendsetter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your nails the baby blue & gold go so well together. I need to be a little more adventurous with my manicures
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh this is such a cute combo, loving the gold tips! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This mani is so gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this colour! The gold makes it a little more special :) I am currently trying to avoid nail varnish for a bit because my nails are in bad condition. However, before that, I was obsessed with white nail polish. So cute and looks great with everything (accept cream of course hahah)!

    Haaappy Spring!
    Hailes<3
    Hailes Hearts Fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love pastel coloured nail polish but it's such a shame it's almost always a nightmare to apply! I've got a gold polish too but I'd never been sure what do with it before now but I'll definitely have to try this out! Thanks for the inspiration :) x

    Hannah @ Cutes and Fruits

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this colour! and mixed with the gold! omgosh! Perfection :) x

    http://mackenzeelightwood.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty, such a lovely colour combination :)
    xxx Claire
    wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh I love this! That color is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This combination is so perfect! Xx

    Lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love find me an oasis. In fact, I need to wear it again! I love the gold tips, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks really nice together!

    MiglÄ— x Meet Me On The Balcony

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore this combination and this updated version of a classic manicure! The colours are so perfect for Summer xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm in lovee! That essie nail polish is gorgeous!

    xx
    Ana Leote | Meet Me @ 2 am

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment! If you have any questions I will respond here so check back soon!