Checking In // Ocean View Hotel, Dubai

11 March 2013


After four days of perfect relaxation (basically sleeping, eating and laying in the sun), I was ready to head for Dubai. Not just because the holiday eating would at least be somewhat balanced by energy burnt sightseeing and shopping there! I've had Dubai on my list of places to visit for a while, and I'd heard so many good things about it, so I was really excited to finally see it.

Finding a decent hotel in Dubai, with a good location, that's not extortionate is a bit of challenge, but  we got just that! We stayed at the recently opened Ocean View Hotel, located directly on JBR walk and a stones throw from Dubai Marina. The location is perfect; within walking distance of plenty of great restaurants, cafes and shops. Not to mention it's right on the beach front. The hotel itself reminded me of W Hotels, it had a very sleek, contemporary design; I'd highly recommend it to anyone who is into that style of hotel. We checked into our club room on the 24th floor, it was immaculate with views straight out over the azure sea to The Palm in the distance. There was free Haribo too. Doesn't get much better than that!

(Oh, and as you may notice, I'd inadvertently matched my outfit to the room.)

Dress - Forever21  //  Pashli Satchel - Phillip Lim  //  Rock Watch - Marc Jacobs

Dubai hotels JBR Walk
Happy to find Elemis products in the bathroom
Loved the vitamin-rich body lotion in particular, left skin feeling super soft without being sticky or greasy. 
Complimentary gold bears. Oh, I guess if you're offering.
Checking out the important stuff...like room service, you know?!
White leather bracelet - ShopDucklingToSwan  //  Rock Watch - Marc Jacobs  //  Sandals - Topshop


Didn't I tell you the view was great! If you're planning a trip to Dubai, make sure you check out this hotel, you won't be disappointed by the spacious rooms, great service or the location. If, or rather when, we return to Dubai, we'll no doubt be staying here again.



Find Me On  //  YouTube  //  Twitter  //  Facebook  //  Bloglovin  //  Instagram  //  Pinterest

30 comments:

  1. Nooo...I literally live a minute away from that hotel!

    I hope you had a lovely time and the crazy traffic didn't get too annoying. The hotel looks really nice from your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That view looks absolutely gorgeous! And who can resist the gummy bears? :p x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, exactly! It'd be rude to not eat them! x

      Delete
  3. Not sure if you got my previous comment, will try again. :) The hotel looks great enjoy Dubai and the shopping. Just followed you on GFC follow back to stay in touch. BTW the orange blazer I was talking about in my post well I saw it in the Dubai Mall :) xoxo ES
    www.liveyourpassion.gr

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you are so lucky girl!!
    xo
    Dena
    WWW.STYLELIMELIGHT.COM

    ( CHOIES.com GIVEAWAY on the blog - win 50$ coupon & a secret gift - 5 winners!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hotel looks really nice you have such a nice view as well! Love your dress :) x

    Maydoll

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow it looks amazing! Beautiful pics:) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful view! I love all the tranquil blues <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos. I love Dubai, it's such a pretty place. Hope you enjoy it
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that looks awesome, love that your dress kind of matches the room! Haha. Elemis shower treats definitely go down nicely!

    http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was completely by accident, kind of funny :) I love it when a hotel has a good brand of amenities. I got Molton Brown when I was in Bali, those were my fave ever! x

      Delete
  10. Ahhh it looks so beautiful, and that hotel is gorgeous!

    www.gleepface.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. A hotel that offers gummy bears for free is my kind of place! These pictures are so gorgeous. xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too. That was when I knew I'd done a really good job picking where to stay! :D x

      Delete
  12. Wish I was there. Looks so amazing!

    http://www.stefanystrange.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice hotel room! Can't wait to read the next post.

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always seem to capture the most beautiful places. And you get Haribo . . ! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. For some authentic(ish) Middle East, try the Palm Court bar at the One and Only (the Arabian Court hotel bar, there are 3 different parts to the One and Only so it is a little confusing). It is on the roof, and actually open to the fresh air. The cocktails are sublime and they play Cafe Del Mar type beats. It's the only place we found that wasn't naff and overdone, instead you get low lighting, candles and sea breeze, it is magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know the bar you mean. I'd read about it and really wanted to go. But, as you'll see from my post today, we went to The Jetty Lounge and Eauzone in One&Only. We were going to go up to that bar after but we overdid it on the food a bit so we just went back to our hotel to crash!!

      Next time I'm in Dubai I'll be sure to stop by there though, it does sound great! Hopefully that'll be sooner rather than later! :) Thanks for the advice!

      xxx

      Delete
  16. Ahhhhh love all the pictures A! how many did you take?! We probably should have taken one to document our ridiculously long breakfast, eh! Ah well, there's always next time I suppose ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I took soooo many!! It was actually well over 500 when I uploaded them to my computer. When I said I was going to start sifting through photos in my email, I meant it.

      As soon as I met Steve after breakfast with you he asked if I'd taken some photos. At which point I was just like, what the hell kind of blogger am i?! Of all the things I should have taken a photo of! Guess we just had too much to talk about though! Next time we will get one! :) x

      Delete
  17. what a nice hotel :) hope you had an amazing time! x

    & Pretty Things

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look so beautiful & your pictures are so lovely! The hotel room looks amazing! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's great! Enjoy your time there!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous pictures, that hotel looks amazing :-)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. omg!!! gorgeous photos!!! gosh, i really want to go on vacation now!!!

    Click me for my NEW BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is pretty awesome accommodation, enjoy the r&r

    xo Meg<3

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. The hotel looks awesome! And the dress is amazing!
    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh your room is gorgeous, incredible view too xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi just found your blog! Wow all of these photographs are amazing. You're so lucky to have such incredible views! Also love your dress, very pretty and flattering. Great post!

    If you have a minute, take a look at my blog? :) If you enjoy it, maybe we could follow each other? Lucy x

    www.behind-clothes-doors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment! If you have any questions I will respond here so check back soon!